Sunday, June 28, 2009

Latest News - P-Day set!

TO NEW VISITORS:
Browse through the links on the right for more information about Fiction Bitz, including our core goals and submission requirements.

The RSS feed button, bottom right, will get you our latest news and updated pages sent directly to your inbox.

This page will give you the blog part of the site with latest news and musings and whatever else I throw out into the blogosphere. You will be able to navigate through the blog entries at the end of every Latest News post.

LATEST NEWS - THE BLOG PART
P-day has tentatively been set for 3 September, so time for me to hike up the skirts and get busy! I've extended the date in my head so many times, but I swear this time it's different. This time I'm actually telling people what it is.

With the winter holidays upon us, now is maybe not the ideal time to be contacting schools and colleges, but then when would a perfect time be? 'Seize the moment' and 'no time like the present' comes to mind. Ideally, I'd like to have 8 issues ready for print at all times so probably the biggest job I have facing me at the moment is to get the first 8 filled up with writing. This is no small feat, but achievable nonetheless. With almost no effort on my part, I have 6 authors submitting some great work. I can only imagine what will come about when I actually bend my energy to the task of finding more writers.

Bit by bit, pages here have been filled with real information. Other than 2 pages, all the basics are here and should be able to satisfy anyone's curiosity at this stage. For now, the only updates that will appear, will be the latest news (the blog part).

A small sales team has developed around an exceptional guy. If I had a rag available for him today, he would've sold it last week already. They are all eager to begin selling Fiction Bitz and I almost feel guilty for telling they will have to wait just a little longer. However, rather have the foundations set properly first than have the house crumble too soon. They seem to understand. For now.

My web designer has flitted off to Russia for a holiday. Then she's taking a few days off in Paris. I am not jealous. At all. Honest. But I'll make her work hard when she gets back in a week's time. Really hard.

I've toyed around with the design of Fiction Bitz recently and have come up with a cleaner look. For those who've seen the sample, you'll know the title was probably the weakest point. That's been changed and soon I'll possibly post a few samples here and get your opinions.

The next two weeks will be dedicated to the business side of things: figures, stats and logistics. So no more staring off into space, reading in the shivering small hours of the morning and no more happy days playing with Photoshop. But it does mean many hours ahead merrily twiddling with columns and cross references and running rows of juicy numbers.

Could life get any better than this? Oh, yes. I could get paid for my work. That would be better, but not by much.


<< see previous LATEST NEWS| | |Next LATEST NEWS >>


No comments:

Post a Comment